So you think you know 'All About the IEP'?
After participating in several IEP's over several academic years, you may think that you know all there is to know about the Individualized Education Plan Process.
TEST TIME! TRUE OR FALSE
If there are IEP components and procedures that you STILL are seeking information on, refer to NICHCY briefs for Parents, Students and Educators on the Individualized Education Plan for Students with Disabilities. These topics are providing vital information that we need to know and understand and implement during the IEP Process. Many are for Students in Transition. (see below for a sample)
NICHCY is the National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities. In Spanish | En español
- Why does federal law require a general educator to be on the IEP team?
- When is it appropriate for the student to be included on the IEP team?
- Who else should be on the IEP team?
- What exactly are “present levels”?
- Who decides the appropriate placement/service delivery model for the child?
- What are “accommodations” all about?