Enjoying the Hi-5s of Autism - A Family Experience
- EnjoyHi5!Autism (adults)
- EnjoyHi5Autism on YouTube
- EnjoyHi5Autism on Vimeo
- Enjoying the Hi-5s of Autism - A Family Experience (Facebook)
- EnjoyHi5Autism (KBJCosse'@EnjoyHi5Autism - Twitter)
- (KBJ Cosse'@babymiracle2005 -Twitter)
- Enjoying the Hi-5s of Autism - A Family Experience (Google/GoogleBuzz/Blogspot)
- Planning Successful Event!" (Events & Training - NLCA,LLC -Facebook)
- Events Planning & Strategic Training (NLCA,LLC)
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Is Your Child a Picky Eater?
Repost Wall Street Journal article No Age Limit on Picky Eating previously discussed in our
July 17, 2010 Google blog post entitled, "Wise Up!"
As we prepare to see a genetics specialist, this is one of our concerns, besides autism causes and heredity links.
If you recall, this summer our son celebrated 5 years of enjoying life! At his annual checkup, his new pediatric nurse practitioner directly stated that they are concerned about his lack of weight gain for the past 2 years.
The Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders has a task force studying whether to include picky eaters as having obsessive compulsive tendencies, selective eating disorder not otherwise specified. If approved, picky eaters will be classified as having a mental disorder in the updated DSM-IV scheduled for 2013.
What do you think?