"I do believe the kids in my class are going to be capable of a lot of things," Harold said. "Just give us a chance, just because we learn differently doesn't mean we are less capable."
Price has Asperger's Syndrome. Harold Price, did not have those types of services growing up.
Now, he teaches kids with developmental disorders and Autism Spectrum Disorder. He struggled with social skills growing up but was exceptionally smart according to his mother who is also a teacher, Marie Price.
"They just learn differently, they may need a couple extra seconds," Price said.The need is growing in Lee County schools for Autism-related classrooms and teachers.
Next year the school district is adding four new programs for exceptional education services at Heights Elementary, Tortuga Preserve Elementary, Harns Marsh Middle, and Challenger Middle.
Listed below are other schools in Lee County that offer prohrams for autistic students.
- Gateway Elementary
- River Hall Elementary
- Veterans Park Academy for the Arts
- Tortuga Preserve Elementary
- Trafalgar Elementary
- Caloosa Elementary
- Skyline Elementary
- Hector Cafferata Elementary
- Gulf Elementary
- Villas Elementary
- Heights Elementary
- Rayma C. Page Elementary
- San Carlos Elementary
- Harns Marsh Middle
- James Stephens International Academy
- Trafalgar Middle
- Diplomat Middle
- Challenger Middle
- P. L. Dunbar Middle
- Three Oaks Middle
- Lehigh Senior High
- Fort Myers High
- South Ft. Myers High
- Cypress Lake High
- Cape High
- Island Coast High
Enjoyable School Year :-)
"Enjoying The Hi-5s of Autism"
- ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, FloridaAutistic teacher praised for work with studentswww.abc-7.com/story/18574269/2012/05/21/autistic-teacher...
- NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, FloridaAutistic teacher praised for work with studentswww.nbc-2.com/story/18574269/2012/05/21/autistic-teacher...
- ... the iPad was launched in April, teachers and doctors who work with autistic ... as Proloquo2Go and Grace are being praised for their ability to help students with autism ...autismnewsreports.com/morgan-autism...to-work-with-students
- Teaching Students with Autism. There is no single ... strategies, and approaches teachers may use in order to effectively teach their students. ... between instruction and work ...teachingelementaryautisticchildren.com/Home_Page.html
- ... agrees with Becker-Cottrill that West Virginia teachers need to be better trained to work with students with autism. ... Scarbro-McLaury praised the Legislature for passing ...wvgazette.com/News/201204010073?page=2&build=cache
- Sometimes a student with autism will have a teacher's aid whose primary function is to work ... Teaching Students With Autism to Communicate ... Give a lot of praise and ...www.ehow.com/how_5168086_teachers-aide-student-autism.html
- ... while using positive praise to ... Many times teachers mistakenly think that if they put students with autism in the ... was not completing his work. The teacher ...autismsocietyofnc.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/responding-to...
- During the work times the students and teachers might be ... There are some students for whom praise from an ... To effectively teach autistic students a teacher must ...teacch.com/educational-approaches/structured-teaching...
- She allegedly tied autistic students to wooden support chairs with ... former principal, called the charges a "travesty" and praised the teacher's work with the students.www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=142